Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Guest Post- Mo from Fleur de Moi

Hey lovelies!
First of all I want to give everyone a huge virtual hug! Thanks so much for all the amazing comments on my post yesterday! I love you all and thanks for being so kind! I am so happy that I am here blogging and I will definitely be sticking around for a while!

Secondly, I changed my hair today! You will be able to see it in my outfit post tomorrow! It's definitely different!

And saving the best for last, here is the lovely Mo from Fleur de Moi! My first guest post ever on here! This post is sooo stinking awesome. I love it and I love every single movie/style on here! Two of these movies are actually two of my favorite movies ever (The Virgin Suicides, 10 Things I Hate About You).  Mo..get out of my head! But seriously, I love everything on here!



Hey ya'll! My name is Mo from Fleur De Moi and I'm super excited to be guest posting here today! I'm a big fan of Katie and her personal style. I'm super jealous of all the cute outfits she puts together and wish I could do the same. Unfortunately, with the job I have it's super hard to look cute on a day-to-day bases.
I work long hours on film sets surrounded by mostly men. I often long for the wardrobe that the females in the movies I work on wear. In honor of Katie's killer style and what I do for a living I thought I'd share my Top 5 Favorite Wardrobes I wish I had from movies.

1) Kat, in 10 Things I Hate About You
I remember being OBSESSED with Kat's clothing when this movie came out. I had to have everything that she wore. From her purple thermal top (which I actually still own) to her platform flip-flops (which caused many a sprained ankles). It's safe to assume that Kat's style is still deep in my subconscious when I go shopping to this very day.

2) Emily, in A Lot Like Love
This is TOTALLY a forgettable romantic comedy by every degree but I remember being consumed with envy over Emily's wardrobe. It's laid back but still with a tang of femininity. She also made a orange hoodie a must have in my wardrobe at all times.


3) Sarah, in Forces of Nature
Okay, by this point you may be questioning my taste in movies. I'm picking some pretty ridiculous films. This one is probably the worst. While the film is pretty horrible Sarah's clothing are just to fun to forget. The outfit she manages to put together at Wal-Mart is stellar. And her orange dress? I mean, I'd get married in that dress. I haven't seen the film since it was released in 1999 and I somehow still remember the quirky wardrobe.


4) The Lisborn Sisters, in The Virgin Suicides
Anyone who has seen this movie can not deny the whimsical 70s appeal to this wardrobe and the utter desire to hop into everything the Lisborn sisters wear. Some sisters stand out more than the others (i.e. Lux) but they all have pretty amazing duds. When I went to my high school prom I made it a point to find a dress just like the prom dresses in this film.


5) Little Edie, in Grey Gardens
I was fortunate enough to intern for Albert Maysles (who was one of the directors of the film) a few years ago. I had loved the documentary before but fell in love with it even more after hearing stories about the dynamic mother-daughter duo. What I truly love about Little Edie's style is her ability to take old clothing that don't fit her conventionally anymore and make them into something new. Girl knew how to work it!


So there you have it! Hope y'all are having a wonderful holiday season. Stop by my blog and say hi!
 
 
Thanks so much Mo! Great post! I'll be back tomorrow with an outfit!
xo!
katie

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I loved the style from the Virgin Suicides! I dressed up as Cecilia for Halloween one year- with a thrifted wedding dress, wrist bandages, and lots of bracelets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! and can't wait to see your new Hair!!!

    Xoxo, Mary from ♥ meowwzie.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I try to respond to all comments so keep checking back!