Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Reality Bites



One of my favorite movies ever is Reality Bites. It came out in 94, and starred Winona Ryder, Ethan Hawke and Ben Stiller, among others.

I didn't see it when it came out, being as I was only 7, but I saw it sometime in high school and fell in loooove.
I think it is the whole 90's vibe of it that really sucks me in. I love everything early (and late) 90's. The clothing, the hair, the makeup, the music. Everything!



This movie also sucks me in because of the always smokin hot Ethan Hawke. I love his whole greasy-long haired-musician-smart but refusing to conform- Troy Dyer. He's so brooding and condescending. And did I mention smokin hot? I always fall for the slacker grease balls. Oh well!



The characters in the movie are all kind of whiny, stereotypical 24 year olds, but that is what I love about it. They realize that sometimes you have to work at the Gap to pay the bills instead of finding your dream job right out of college.



And the relationship between Lelaina (Winona Ryder), Troy (Ethan Hawke)is seriously super cute, and totally relatable.



I adore Winona Ryder's hair in this movie. It is so messy and greasy and screams "I just rolled out of bed, but I don't care. I'm all up in your face with hair envy!" I swear, on my blog, that I will someday have this haircute. Yes, haircut plus cute equals hairCUTE. And her wardrobe rules. Big time.



PLUS..(Can I really have more to say?) The soundtrack is so good. SO GOOD.

So I think you should go out and rent it. I know it is on Netflix! Do it! You know you want to!

Please tell me there is someone out there that loves this movie as much as I do!

Okay..I'm done forcing Reality Bites down your throat. (WATCH IT!)

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I try to respond to all comments so keep checking back!